CAR JERKS WHILE ACCELERATING AT ABOUT 300

2000 Honda Accord

2000 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 166000 miles

The car started jerking at 3000rpm a few months ago in August 2009 after an attendant topped of my gas tank and the check engine light came on. A scan at Autozone showed two codes, one for gas lid loose another DTC P1381. I had spark plugs, cables, & distributor cap replaced and the light went away. It came back again in Feb 2010 and the jerking started again intermittently. The same code shows up and my mechanic reset the codes but could not duplicate the jerking. But it started again afew days after the mechanic visit. What could this be?
Sajid74g

This sounds like the problem I am having. The mysterious jerking. At first it was light and now it won't go at all. I've replaced Throttle position switch. Does your check engine light come on? Mine doesn't. My mechanic thinks ignition switch possibly? I've replaced fuel filter (tank) already. Let me know if you figure anything out. He's thinking now it could be the computer, since no light at all.

JenKleinSac