ALL LIGHTING DIMS IN AND OUT

2000 Honda Accord

2000 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 114, 79 miles

I recently had the transmission issue for this model fixed and a couple months after the fix, when I came to a stop the idle would dip below like it was going to stall, then goes back to normal after a few seconds. It has gotten worse to the point come to a stop or slow, at random times, all the lights will dim in and out as the idle fluctuates, almost like the car is going to stall, then it goes back to normal when I start to move again. I have witnessed this happen as I'm driving as well but not to the extent to when I am at a stop.

I spoke with a mechanic at Honda [before the transmission fix] about how the lights would dim slightly when I turn on the AC/heater or turn on the radio/cd and didn't have an answer. Go figure. Could it be a ground wire issue? I noticed that the vanity mirror lights do not turn on unless I turn on the headlights. I don't know if that is a cause or an effect of another growing issue.

I read that there is more than one ground wire and that one is on the transmission. Could this be what is causing the lighting and idle fluctuation? Or could the idle cause an electrical short in some way? Any advice would be appreciated greatly!
ORX