ENGINE LIGHT ON, CODE P1457

1999 Honda Accord

1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 163, 00 miles

Hi Ken. Well the Saturn got totaled and I got scammed with a 1999 Honda Accord EX.

After I bought the 99 accord that he had inspected this month (private owner), all of a sudden the check engine light went on.

I took it to Auto zone and they came up with this code: P1457.

They said it was a dealer code and could not help me.

My mechanic said he probably had it cleared JUST before inspection, had it inspected then sold it to me. Then it went back on after I had it for a few miles. It is NOT the gas cap.

Can you help with a diagnosis?

I know I cannot get it inspected next year with that light on.

Please help me Ken! Thanks.
MarcyW

Hi MarcyW,

Thank you for the donation.

This is not a dealer only code. It is a fault with the EVAP system and there are about 16 TSB on the subject.

I have sent you the diagnostic file which is very large and hope it is helpful.

Hi! You said you were giving me the Diagnostic file but you did not. Could you please send it to me. Thanks so much! I am sure you just forgot to include it in the response. Thanks

Marcy Wood

MarcyW
Sorry, I did send the the file but just noticed that it was not sent out due to the file being too large and has a size violation.

I will think of some other way to get it done, just hang on.

The cost of repairs can range from a hundred to a few thousands depending on what is at fault.

Without diagnosing the cause, it is not possible to provide any ballpark cost.

A dealer mechanic woulld be recommended as they have to proper equipment and information.