ENGINE SHAKES

1998 Honda Accord

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1998 Honda Accord 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic

ACTUALLY, I DRIVE A ROVER 1998 600 SERIES AUTOMATIC. IT IS EQUIPT WITH A HONDA ACCORD 4 CYCLINDER ENGINE. I BOUGHT IT SECOND HAND WITHOUT THE REPAIR SERVICE MANUALS. MY PROBLEM HERE IS CONSUMPTION OF PETROL IS HIGH, THE CAR SHAKES WHEN EVER THE AIR CONDITIONING IS ON, THERE IS A ROUGH FEEL WHEN DRIVING WHERE THE ACCELERATOR IS, THE CAR DOESNT CHANGE IN GEAR IN TIME, THERE IS A POP, POP SOUND WHEN ACCELERATORING IN TIME, ELECTRICAL PROBLEM WITH THE LIGHTS ON THE DASHBOARD - NO LIGHTS. I NEED A REPAIR PDF MANUAL TO CHECK THIS AND OTHER PROBLEMS. THANKS.
Boudib

Hi boudib,

You can click the " car repair manual " link below to browse for the manual that you are interested in.

You can also try

What octane gas are you using?
1. Depending on how many miles the engine has a higher octane mixture can help. 89, 92
2. Change the plugs, cap, rotor, then try it, if no change consider the wires.
Also consider (hotter plugs: plugs that give a higher spark)
3. If transmission is Honda you should change the trany oil and only use OE Honda oil. It makes a difference.

Honda engines love 20/50 engine oil, and chevron gas.
The techron in the gas helps keep the injectors clean.
If there is no Chevron station where you are, then just pop in a bottle of injector cleaner in the gas tank with every oil change.

Hope that helps a bit.

" I have owned all Honda accords from 1990,1991,1992,1993 and average mileage has been over 300,000 "

Barberian