SHOES TOO BIG FOR DRUM SPEC

1991 Honda Accord

Brakes problem
1991 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

Hi, I have a 1991 Honda Accord. The rear brakes are beginning to squeek. Specifically the rear drivers side brake shoe is worn down to nothing. Because shoes come in pairs, I decided to replace both sides. I started with the rear passenger side and left the rear drivers side for re-assembly reference. After replacing the shoes and remounting actuater and all that, I was unable to fit the drum over the new shoes. I made sure the actuater was adjusted all the way in, and all the springs were attached correctly. I took the drums to a shop where they turned them for me, but warned me they were already at spec and might be just a bit below now. The turning didn't help. The new shoes are still too thick, so I was forced to put the old shoes back on. I'm able to drive and brake, but the squeeking is still there and I don't want to start damaging anything. Are there options for shoes with less padding, or am I just out of luck?
Pr0mark

Hi pr0mark,

I believe you have purchased the shoes with the wrong specifications.