HUMMING/BUZZING WHEN KEY IS "ON"

1991 Honda Accord

Noises problem
1991 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 162400 miles

My car makes a humming noise when the key is in the on position but the engine is off. It remains when the engine is running as well. Sound comes from driver's side of engine compartment.
Yogi87bear

Hi yogi87bear,

Have you tried to locate the source of the humming noise? Since noise is present when ignition is turned on, it should not be difficult to locate the source.

KHLow2008,

I think the noise is coming from the receiver drier. Any idea why it's making loud grinding/buzzing noises? Thanks for responding.

Yogi87bear
You mentioned that engine need not be started for the noise to occur so I don't think it has anything to do with the receiver drier.

Did you check the condenser fan motor to see if it is working when ignition is turned ON?

At the right side of engine compartment there are not many things that can emt buzzing noises. I would suspect a relay that is more probable.