HEAD GASKET

1991 Honda Accord

Engine Cooling problem
1991 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My Honda overheated, found oil in the coolant. Mechanic said that the head gasket was blown and the cylinder(s) were warped. I would need a new engine, etc. About $3500 was quoted. I was able to drive it home, the engine did not make any strange noises, just overheated as I expected it would. If the cylinder(s) were warped, wouldn't the engine make some strange noises when I drove it back from the mechanic's garage to my home? The car is in good shape, I hate to just scrap it. If I take it to the dealer and just get the head gasket replaced, can I get anything out of the old girl? Do you know the average price to get something like this repaired? Thank You.
Barkbuster

Hi there,

You will just need the head gasket replaced & have the head inspected for cracks and warpage, you will not have a problem with the block, as for the price this will depend on the extent of the head work required.

Mhpautos