VU SS .

2001 Holden Ute

2001 Holden Ute V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 157000 miles

after not using the ute for 5 weeks as I was on holidays, went to start it but it took about 7 or 8 seconds to turn over and eventually come to life. Took it for a good spin to try top up the battery but no good so got a new battery for it. All went well for a couple of days until I took it to a carwash, turned it off to get coins and then it wouldnt start when I got back. After 10 mins and 20 + attempts it started. Since then it has had a mind of its own and started when it felt like it. I had a look at the ignition switch, fine. Starter motor and solenoid, fine. It has been laid up for a week now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Peadar

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

I would be putting a scanner on it just to check for any unresolved fault codes, I would also be checking the fuel filter and check that the fuel pump is cycling when it is not starting, you may have a fuel pump ready to die.

Mhpautos