HELP! TRY TO START AND IT JUST CLICKS.

1990 Honda Accord

Hello! I have a 1990 Honda Accord. One day while driving it just stopped running and wouldnt start. We determined it was the fuel pump and replaced it and since replacing it we tried to start the car and all there is, is a clicking noise when we turn the key. We thought it might be the battery and so we hooked it up to a battery charger while trying to start it and it still didnt work. We also tried jumping it and it wouldnt start. But the battery cant even hold a good charge for more then a couple days. I am wondering what the problem could be. Before we replaced the fuel pump when we would try to start it you could hear it trying to turn over but it couldnt spark but now it just clicks. It was also sitting for about 6 months before we tried anything and the battery was dead.
AriannaT

Try putting in a good battery. If the battery is bad, the charger is not gong to work.