AUTORIDE SUSPENSION IS NOT WORKING LOOKING F

2002 GMC Yukon

Suspension problem
2002 GMC Yukon V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 83000 miles

I have a 2002 GMC Yukon XL Denali that has the Autoride feature. Currently I am having a problem with the autoride not turning on. I did some searching on the internet for what would cause this and I get a diffrent answer everywere I check. I did see that some people have said there is a light that shows on the dash if the autoride needs service and I can say I do not have any lights like this lit. My current plan of attack is to first check if the pump has power. I know were the pump is located but what would the best way to check for power be? Does anyone know what wires are supposed to be hot? Another thing I just thought about is are those wires just hot when you first start the car when it would normaly pump up or are they hot all the time? If the pump does have power I heard I should check a ride control sensor (I think that is what it is called) but I do not know were this sensor is and what would I check on it? I do plan to replace the rear shocks since they do look to be origanal. Any tips and tricks would be very much apriaciated. I am not affraid to do any thing that is needed to fix this problem I just like to ask questions before I go ripping into these newer cars it is not like working on my Nova were I know I did it all from the ground up and I know what everything does.

I wish I could give more details I know that it is very helpful to you when trying to do this type of thing without seeing a car, but in this case all I can give on this problem is it is not working at all. If voltage readings would help or any other thing like this please let me know and I will get it.
Jkleinfelter

There is a tech bulliten on your suspension, but it needs to be scanned for C codes if the code in the TSB pops, you have the info!
Service Ride Control Message Displayed, DTC C0580 Set (Replace Right Front Shock Absorber Solenoid Connector and Install New A/C Suction Hose and Auxiliary A/C Evaporator Hose) TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN Reference Number(s): 03-03-11-001,  Date of Issue:   July 22, 2003 Related Ref Number(s): 03-03-11-001 ARTICLE BEGINNING CONDITION Some customers may comment on the Service Ride Control message being displayed. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC C0580 set. CAUSE Poor clearance between the auxiliary A/C evaporator hose and the right front shock absorber damper solenoid connector may be the cause of this condition. Contact may occur damaging the connector and causing a poor connection at the damper solenoid. CORRECTION Replace the right front shock absorber solenoid connector and install a new A/C suction hose and auxiliary A/C evaporator hose. These new A/C hoses will provide proper routing to prevent contact between the auxiliary A/C evaporator hose and the right front shock absorber damper solenoid connector. Use the procedure listed below. 1. Recover the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging in the HVAC sub- section of the Service Manual. 2. Raise the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in the General Information sub- section of the Service Manual. 3. Remove the right front wheel assembly. 4. Remove the right front wheelhouse panel. 5. Remove the nut and the auxiliary evaporator hose from the accumulator line block. 6. Remove the nut and the suction hose from the accumulator. 7. Remove the bolt and the suction hose from the compressor. 8. Install the new suction hose and bolt to the compressor. Tighten: Tighten the bolt to 16 N.m (12 lb ft). 9. Install the new suction hose and nut to the accumulator. Affected Model(s): 2002-2003 Cadillac Escalade; 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV; 2001-2003 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe; 2001-2003 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL; with Rear Air Conditioning System (RPO C69) and Real Time Damping Chassis Package (RPO Z55) Page 1 of 3 Service Ride Control Message Displayed, DTC C0580 Set (Replace Right Front Shock A...Tighten: Tighten the nut to 16 N.m (12 lb ft). 10. Release 4 line retaining clamps, starting at the wheelhouse and along the underbody towards the rear of vehicle. Fig. 1: Auxiliary Evaporator Line Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP. 11. From under the vehicle, mark the location on the auxiliary evaporator line where the line will be cut. Using the forward running board bracket as a reference, mark the location inline with the bracket-to-body bolt (1). If the vehicle is not equipped with running boards, mark the location inline with the bolt hole. 12. Using a tubing cutter, cut the marked section of the auxiliary evaporator line. 13. Remove the front section of the auxiliary evaporator hose from the vehicle and discard. 14. Install the new front section of the auxiliary evaporator hose into the vehicle. 15. On both sections of the auxiliary evaporator line, cut back the plastic coating approximately 76 mm (3 in). 16. Splice in the new front section of the auxiliary evaporator hose using J 41425 A/C Line Repair Kit and J 41425-750 splice. Refer to the Heater and A/C Pipe Repair - Auxiliary procedure in the Service Manual. 17. Install the auxiliary evaporator hose to the accumulator line block and nut. Tighten: Tighten the nut to 16 N.m (12 lb ft). 18. Secure the line retaining clamps. 19. Install the wheelhouse panel. 20. Install the wheel assembly. 21. Lower the vehicle. 22. Inject the oil into the A/C system that was removed during the recovery process using J 45037 A/C Oil Injection Kit. 23. Evacuate and recharge the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging in the HVAC sub-section of the Service Manual. 24. Leak test the fitting and splice using J 39400-A Halogen Leak Detector. 25. Replace the right front shock absorber solenoid connector using service connector, P/N 88986417. Refer to Wiring Repairs in the Wiring Systems sub-section of the Service Manual.
Page 2 of 3 Service Ride Control Message Displayed, DTC C0580 Set (Replace Right Front Shock A...

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_den_1.jpg

Merlin2021
I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe and just noticed my
autoride air pump is not coming on with a load.
I was going to check if there was a fuse blown but
could not figure out from the owners manual which
fuse is for the air pump. Did you check the fuse on
your vehicle? If so which one is for the pump?
Thanks for any info you have.

Waynevl