REMOTE CONTROL DOOR LOCK RECEIVER MODULE

1999 GMC Yukon

1999 GMC Yukon V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 160,00 miles

This morning I found that the battery (fairly new Interstate...) had run down to nothing and my keyless entry wouldn't open the doors. I manually opened the drivers door and could hear a clicking noise under the dash. I have traced this down to the RCDLR module. I was able to disconnect the unit, my door locks still work with the door buttons. I had removed the battery from my fob / transmitter to make sure it wasn't malfunctioning. So basically, the cigarette lighter, lumbar adjust, gauges and everything on the circuit still works, I've just lost the ability to remote lock / unlock. My question is, are these particular modules known to fail, or is it more likely that a bad actuator is sending a faulty signal to it causing it to cycle? The "clicking" was about as rapid as if I had the flashers on. Constant. Any help would be appreciated, as I can't even locate a GM part number for this part. I might also add that it's in an EXTREMELY difficult spot to get to under the dash.

Thanks. ~Mark

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/334822_ScreenHunter_2_1.jpg

Synikol

Hello . thanks for the donation .. much appreciated

Hope this helps .. let me know !!

TRANSMITTER SYNCHRONIZATION
Transmitter synchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by the RKE system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the receiver.
The receiver will not respond to a signal which has been previously sent. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter.
Resynchronization will be necessary if any of the following occur:
You change the transmitter battery.
You disconnect the vehicle battery.
You push the transmitter button 256 times out of the range of the receiver.
In order to synchronize the transmitter with the receiver, perform the following:
Stand close to the vehicle.
Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for seven seconds.
The door locks should cycle to confirm synchronization.

let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_362.png

Dave H
You're saying that TRANSMITTER SYNCHRONIZATION is what caused my receiver module to suddenly fail and start cycling all weekend on its own so much as to run the trucks battery down?

I don't need directions on re-synching the transmitters, I need to know why the module failed.

I've read your same response word for word posted by other people on other forums.

WHY NOT AT LEAST READ MY QUESTION ALL THE WAY THROUGH BEFORE CUTTING AND PASTING SOMEONE ELSE'S ANSWER! You can keep the $5, I think I'll have better luck on my own.

Synikol
The Constant clicking could be because you tried to use the remote transimtter thus activating the module before you found the battery was drained ..

this does not mean the module caused the battery drain .. if you then removed the module as YOU said in your post and recharged the battery .. THEN repaced the module THEN the module and transmitter would need re-synching ... especially as YOU said you removed the transmitter battery as well...

why would you think the module was faulty and the battery drain was from the module ...unless ..

when you charged the battery the module then started going crazy .. which YOU never said in your first post ...

of course if you jump started the vehicle you could have blown the module ?? details are what we work off .. if you do not supply ALL the details .. you get a reply for the details you have supplied ...

IF you would have stated you had tried to re-synch and this had not worked !! then you would not have got this reply ..

WE need ALL the details of what you have tried and WHY you think the module is the fault ...

I NEVER cut and paste from other post's or forum's and resent the implication ...

I will forward your reply to our administrators for a refund of your $5

remember next time you post on this or another forum .. ALL THE DETAILS upfront and you may get the reply you desire or need ...... good luck with your repair !!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_372.png

Dave H
Well, I must say, that's a much more thoughtful answer than the first.

" ". The Constant clicking could be because you tried to use the remote transimtter thus activating the module before you found the battery was drained.

This does not mean the module caused the battery drain. If you then removed the module as YOU said in your post and recharged the battery. THEN repaced the module THEN the module and transmitter would need re-synching. Especially as YOU said you removed the transmitter battery as well.

Why would you think the module was faulty and the battery drain was from the module. Unless.

When you charged the battery the module then started going crazy. Which YOU never said in your first post.

***I never said that because it didn't happen. You're making a huge leap there.***

of course if you jump started the vehicle you could have blown the module? Details are what we work off. If you do not supply ALL the details. You get a reply for the details you have supplied.

***I said I jump started the truck AFTER disconnecting the module***

IF you would have stated you had tried to re-synch and this had not worked ! Then you would not have got this reply.

WE need ALL the details of what you have tried and WHY you think the module is the fault.

*** I tried to give as many details in the beginning as I could, in the order in which everything happened. I even ammended my question with more details before asked to try and give as complete an question as possible. In order to get more details, a short question and answer period is sometimes needed. This would have involved you asking a question or two if needed, instead of giving some canned response that basically would be the cure for re-synching the transmitter AFTER the problem was found. Again, HUGE leap on your part***

I NEVER cut and paste from other post's or forum's and resent the implication.

remember next time you post on this or another forum. ALL THE DETAILS upfront and you may get the reply you desire or need. Good luck with your repair !

*** IT would be nearly impossible for a non-mechanic to give you ALL the details upfront that you apparently need to warrant a thoughtful answer. If I knew ALL the details, I could have figured it out myself***

Again, keep the $5. And I do apologize for the way my response to you sounded. There were just so many questions left unanswered and what you gave seemed to be the Last thing that would be needed AFTER a period of actually troubleshooting the problem.

Synikol