4X4 FRONT END

1995 GMC Truck

1995 GMC Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 197000 miles

have 1995 gmc 3500 w 6.5 diesel. The four wheel drive doesn't engage. Actuator goes in and out dropped front axle out and spacer washer had fell out of place put back together so it would be locked in four wheel drive worked well. Took out of four wheel drive will not engage again. Put silicone around spacer last time anything else I can try or why does that spacer not stay in place?
Heldingfarms

Not to appear ignorant, but what " spacer" is giving you the problem? I have been all over the exploded view if the BW4470 T-case and can't find one that is accessible from the outside. Please advise.

James W.
The spacer is in the pumpkin on the end of the right axle there is some lip on the axle but not enough to hold the washer in place I don't know if the lip is wore a little or if the piece broke off

Heldingfarms
I think you you're talking about the thrust washer just inside the case. Do you have, or have access to, a fax #? If so, I will fax a copy of the exploded view and you can point out the part that is giving you the problem. Please advise.

James W.