FUEL PUMP

2001 GMC Sonoma

2001 GMC Sonoma 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 196 miles

Hi my question is. I have been hereing several things. I would like to know for sure. Te other day I was out runing around and my Truch markes that it has a1/4 of a tank. Well it must have not been so. I was left stranded. I got more gas in truck. Went to start it and it would not start. I Tried till I killed the battery. To make a long story short. I got a new battery in truck and tried to start it again. It would crank but not start. I was informed that my truck might have some kind of a switch to reset the pump. Is this true. I would like to know if this is so I will do that and chec again. If not I will replace the pump. Please get back with me asap. Thank you very much.
Monchie12

It does not have a switch. That is called an Inertia switch and only used on Ford products. You need to use a fuel pressure gauge and verify power arriving at the pump during the first 2 seconds or during cranking.
This truck requires a minimum of 55 PSI to even run.

Wrenchtech