REDUCED ENGINE POWER WARNING

2003 GMC Sierra

Computer problem
2003 GMC Sierra V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 55000 miles

I have a reduced engine warning and truck now only idles and won't increase rpm's over 1500, no matter if accelerator pushed down or not. When I went to start it, it barely turn over, feeling like I had a near dead battery, but it did start, then service engine soon light came on, and also it says reduced engine power on message center. Any possible solutions?
Bcat

Get your engines computer scanned immedietely so we can find out what is wrong with it.

May be a tps issue or with the camshaft sensor due to the slow cranking.

Get back to me and I can help you find out whats wrong.

Blackop555
Thanks for replying blackop555. Took truck to the shop and they found that I had a bad battery, which gave the computer grief, inturn giving false codes. Replaced battery and serpentine belt, also fuel filter. So far runs normal.

Bcat
Musta been a really bad battery! Glad to hear thats all it was and nothing more expensive and time consuming.

Blackop555
Im having the same problem with my 03 and it has a brand new battery im sure you will keep having problems because the battery isn't it. I am replacing the wiring harness that leads to my throttle body today and which anyone with this particular problem should do the same.

Stout85
Are any trouble codes being thrown? Have it scanned before you go replacing things.

Blackop555
Ya I put my scanner on it last week and yesterday I replaced the lead to the throttle body and it runs like a champ.

Stout85
Could you post back the code that showed up that way peopel with a similar problem know what to do when they get the code.

Thanks for posting what you found out so far, youve been a help to many im sure.

Blackop555