CALIPER

2002 GMC Sierra

Brakes problem
2002 GMC Sierra V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

I have a sticky caliper and it wore out the rear brake on the passengers side, rear brake. The caliper seems to work Ok when I pushed the piston back in. Should I replace this caliper? Must I also replace the disc?
Bruce Rhyner

Hello –

I would replace the entire caliper……. If the brake is worn then replace that too……. If it is sticking then it will probably stick again….

Make a small donation! (We will make sure your question will be answered promptly and it will help us be able to continue to help others - Thanks)

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hello –

Also if you provide your exact model I can review the recalls for you. Is it a 1500, 1500 HD, 2500, 2500 HD, or 3500

ImpalaSS