WINDOW ISSUES

2001 GMC Sierra

I have a 2001 GMC Sierra with ~80k, and power windows. Yesterday I rolled down my drivers side window and heard a crackling sound. When I went to roll up the window, it only rolled up about 1/4 way but would go back down fine. I ended up having to force the window up. Does this sound like the power window motor?
Bigk151

Hey bigK
That style truck has a whole " window regulator/motor assembly" and its cable operated, its quite a " contraption". And a pretty lengthy task if your up to it, rivets need to be drilled out etc. But I would recommend taking it to a trusted shop for repairs.

Regards,

Chris

Carundell
Thanks for the information Chris.

Bigk151
IT'S EASY BY THE WAY THERE IS NO RIVETS ON A 2001 THEY STOPED PUTTING RIVETS IN 2000 & THAT WAS ONLY THE LIMITED ADITION TOHOE OTHERWISE LEFT OVER 1999 TOHOES WITH FLARES 16" RIMS. THERE IS ONLY 10MM BOLTS FOR THE REGULATOR & 2 7MM SCREWS FOR THE DOOR PANEL.

GMX
I've had both the passenger and driver side windows have this issue. It's a little over $400 a window fixed by the dealer. The first time I took it all apart and after looking at it I gave up and took it in.

Greggestey
Thanks for the update GMX!

Chris

Carundell