STARTING PROBLEMS

GMC Savana

1. Make and Model of your Car --- 2000 GMC Savana 1500
2. Include the mileage --- 89.000
3. Stick Shift or Automatic Transmission --- Automatic Transmission
4. 2 or 4 wheel drive --- 2 wheel drive
5. Strange sounds --- " Clicking" when starting
6. Fluid leaks --- None
7. Past repair history if applicable --- None

Every morning, when I go to start my van, when I turn the key to the " on" position, the gauge goes up to around 12V and all lights/clock/LEDs come on properly. When I then try to crank the engine, I get a " clicking" noise. I continuously turn the key from " on" to " crank" several times (sometimes 15-20 times) and the engine will finally start. The engine has no problems turning over and starting during the day, until the next morning, when I have to go through this same routine again. The first time this happened, I thought the battery was dead and tried jumping it. That did not work. After I finally got it started that first time, I drove it straight to Auto Zone and had the battery tested and checked to make sure the alternator was charging. According to Auto Zone, everything checked good. This has gone on for about a month now, and is starting to get annoying. Any ideas what may be wrong. My brother-in-law suggested a bad solenoid? Again, I only have this problem the first time I try starting it in the day. The rest of the day, it turns right over.
Mforish