BLOWER MOTOR RUNS WHEN VAN IS NOT RUNNING

2003 GMC Savana

2003 GMC Savana V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My Blower motor continues to run when the van is off.

I believe that it is the blower motor resistor. I need to know where it is located in the van. Can I get to it from the engine compartment or do I need to tear out the dash.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jeffyre

I can tell you where it is located, but, I don't believe that is the problem. The blower relay and resistor are an integrated assembly, The voltage is hot all the time or goes hot when you turn on the key. The hvac control module controls the ground for those circuits.

For the 1500 Savanna, you may have to remove the engine coolant bottle, under the hood, to get at the blower motor. The pigtail for the blower motor goes to the relay/resistor assembly. That assembly should be close to the blower motor.

You were 100% correct. I did not have to remove the engine coolant bottle.

I got a Delco replacement for about $40. GM Changed the assembly a little bit so the opening in the houeing had to be wider. Other than that it was an easy fix.

Thanks!

Jeffyre
I'm glad you got it fixed. My thinking was, it might be a ground problem, in that case, it might lead you back to the hvac control module. Stay warm.

I have a 2003 svna its 3500 one ton with same problem were is this located

Vacca63
I looked at a G-3500 savana. The blower motor resistors in under the hood on passenger side. If that's what your asking? You need to make your own post, less confusing. Sorry it took so long to get back.