PROBLEM WITH A VAN

GMC Safari

I have a 1994 gmc safari van. Approx 100,000 miles. Automatic, 4.3 engine, all wheel drive.

My problem is the car has a hard time going when you are excelerating. Meaning I get a fuel smell inside the car, when I am sitting a a traffic light and when I hit the gas to go, it hesitates before it goes anywhere. Blowing a horrible cloud of black smoke. It drives great down the expressway, with out any start or stops.

It seems to be sucking gas horribly. I was told that I have a " sticky" injector. I don't know what that means, I was also told that it could be a fuel sensor or the " spiders" or " Pluntam"

I am lost with all the answers that I have been told. I need to know what could possibly be wrong with this thing. Thanks for the help : D
Kelljo515