STALLING, SURGING AT IDLE

1992 GMC Safari

1992 GMC Safari 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

My van is stalling when started, usually takes two tries. Once started it surges at idle, usually when it warms up it will smoothout but may start surging again. I have changed the IAC, ignition module, cap, rotor, plugs, MAP sensor, fuel filter twice and checked all vacuum lines. No codes have come up except for the MAP which I did replace. Used to get occasional EGR valve code but not even getting it now. I'm stumpted, read thru the posts and found some that were close to what I am going thru, going to check and clean the EGR valve but what do I look for if that does not help? Could this be fuel pump or fuel regulator related? Have had fuel pumps fail before but they always just quit all at once.
Bill Munson