WEIRDEST STALLING PROBLEM EVER!!! (SOLVED!!!!)

GMC Other

1999 Chevy Tahoe, auto, 88K miles.

I've posted earlier with all the symptoms, but the question I need answered is this.

Tahoe will stall out on the freeway or at any speed, coast for 3-5 seconds, and then kick back on. No accessory lights, still have power steering and brakes, but car is just coasting with 0 RPM's. Then without warning, it kicks back on and backfires.

WHAT IS GOING ON?
Naterzr2

I had a very similar problem with my 89 caddy. After putting it in the shop, it turned out that one of my grounds wasnt getting the connection that it needed, find you basic ground terminals and clean them real good and make sure they are securely tightened

Jman1976
I'll definately take a look into that.

But what is causing the car to start back up after it stalls for 5 seconds with the engine not running?

Naterzr2
Just like you can roll start a stick shift. Automatics can be started like that too, but at a much higher speed, your going down the highway and stall, keeping rpm's and still in drive, it will kickback in, engine is still turning which means its still getting fire

Jman1976
STALLING PROBLEM SOLVED!

CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR.

AFTER SPENDING $3000 TO FIND THIS PROBLEM, IT WAS AN $80 PART.
.

Naterzr2