PONTIAC AZTEC

GMC Other

While I was driving today my car power turned off and then turned right back on. It did this twice. Is this a problem with my alternator?
Dnordwick

Could be, but first check the battery cables for corrosion. Could be as simple as a loose connection.

Mvannessjr
I checked the battery connection is good. I did have a battery that leaked a few months ago there is a little corrosion on cables. When the car shut down I didn't have to start it up again or anything. I'm not even sure if the car shut off.I just know the interior lights and radio went off then back on. Could it be as simple as a fuse?

Dnordwick
It's probably not a fuse because a fuse can't fix itself. Once they are blown, they are blown. It is probably something simple though.

Mvannessjr
After work the radio and control panel were switching on and off every couple of seconds. It also made a clicking noise coming from behind the radio. I took the vehicle to Auto Zone and had everything checked. Everything was fine. A guy there works at a shop and he looked at it and said he's never seen a car do that before. He said it could be in my tbs? I'm not sure what that is. It didn't do that at all this morning. It is running fine for now.

Dnordwick
I'm not sure what he was referring to either. It is strange for sure, but does sound like some kind of short in the electrical system. What makes it worse is it happens at random. : |

Mvannessjr