MONTE CARLO BATTERY BOOST AND IDLE ISSUES

GMC Other

I have a 98 Monte Carlo 3.8 litre with 109,000 miles on it. I parked it one day after getting home from work and an hour later it would not turn over. We attempted to boost it and got it to start. It was clear that the battery was not taking a charge as we had to boost it each time we wanted to start it. Also the car would also not idle while being hooked up to the booster cables.

The battery is located under a corner strap and the windshield washer fluid tank and when we took the side post off of the positive post on the battery it was very coroded.

I have had a complete tune-up done within the last 6 months with spark plugs, wire, etc.

I'm just hoping that we need to replace the battery and there isn't another issue.
Galen