LEAKING COOLANT

GMC Other

I have a2000 grand am gt. 112000 miles, there is coolant leaking from underneath the block, Directly under the the serpentein belt. I can see a bolt down there where fluid seems to be coming out of. Not sure what the purpose of bolt is. Water pump is dry. No sign of coolant mixing with oil. It is a slow leak, it took me two weeks to find it. Huge puddle on driveway after sitting all night. Thanks[/b]
Porterbound

You may have a bad water pump. It is driven by the cam chain if you have the quad 4 engine. Let me know

Losone
The water pump is bone dry! Somebody said it may be the case surrounding the timeing chain is that possible?

Porterbound
Internal water leaks are hard to trace. You should have the system pressure checked and see where most of the water if coming from. You may have to remove some sheet metal from the engine to find it. The majority (90%) of water leaks are rubber hose related. Let me know

Losone