HIGH IDLE PROBLEM

GMC Other

1994 Camaro, automatic, 3.4 engine, 130,000 miles
When starting my camaro it idles at 2,000 rpm and slowly raises to 2,500 where it levels out indefinatley. The engine always runs smooth and I have just replaced the idle air control valve, intake air temperature sensor and all of the vacuum hoses. After installing all of this it seems to have no effect on the high idle problem. Please keep in mind this engine does not have a MAF sensor. Also, I have checked and cleaned the throttle valve and it closes tightly. Please tell me what else could be the problem. Thank you.[/B]
A79bigbertha

Have you tried you throttle position sensor, that could affect as well.

David1984
Thanks for the suggestion. I replaced the TPS after you reccomended it, and it did help very slightly though. It is now idling between 2200 and 2300 RPM, which is still way too high. Does anyone have anymore suggestions on what to check next? Thank you for your help.

A79bigbertha
If the vehicle is a speed density system, map only, A vacuum leak can cause the idle to go high.