HEATER PROBLEMS

GMC Other

Helllo. I have a 1998 buick regal with 122,000 miles on it with a 3800 class 2 engine.
In the last 3 months we have replace the fan motor and the reastat twice and redid the grounding bar on the fire wall and still having the same problem.
What is happening is the heater can work fine for a while and then all of a sudden it will quit completely or sometimes it will only work on high. When it doesn; t work at all when you turn the fan switch on the dash lights flare and it knocks out the drl sensor. After a short while the sensor seems to reset till you htry the switch again. But then all of a sudden it will work again. I am stumped and so are the two mechanics that have worked on it so far.
Also the talk about a passenger air filter where would this be located?
I would appreceate any input you might have on this puzzle. Thankyou.
Randy
Ornery146