BROKEN WINDSHIELD WIPER

GMC Other

I own a 2000 Olds Bravada (130,000 mi). During our last ice storm, the passenger side windshield wiper stopped working. The drivers side works fine but the passenger doesn't move. Having done very little car repair / maintenance, I do not know what I'd be getting myself into trying to fix it myself.

My guess is that there is a linkage between the two wipers that has either come loose or broken completely. Is this relatively easy to fix? If so, whats the best way to get at the problem?

Thanks for any help.
Gammaxi1282

If you can hear the wiper arm trying to move it could be from the nut that holds the wiper arm on. There is a plastic cover that covers the nut that hold the arm on, take it off, loosen the nut and position the arm where it would be in the off position, make sure the wiper seats into the groves and retighten the nut. That should take care of the problem

M_H_RITZEL
Do I get at the linkages from outside the car or from under the hood?

Gammaxi1282
To get at the windshield linkage the wipers would have to come off, then the bolts holding the shroud on would be taken out {you eill have to have the hood open to get at the screws}, then you access to the linkage.

M_H_RITZEL