MODELS RATTLE

2010 GMC Other

Noises problem
2010 Other GMC Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 8,500 miles

I just purchased a 2010 GMC Terrain. In the beggining I had no problems but about a month after purchasing I started to notice a faint rattle coming from the passanger front side that to me sounded like a " baby rattle or marbles" and it would ONLY happen while accelerating. As soon as you let off the gas or stopped or in park it would not happen. The noise is now a lot louder to where I can hear it out of the driver window as well. Still only happens when accerating. The car dealership thought it may be something in my muffler and messed with my heat shields but I'm not sure. They plan on replacing the muffler soon. Any ideas?
KaylaC2010

Very new, no tech bulletins yet for this one! But it could be exhaust related, the catalytic converter is about in the area you describe, and would make more sense than the muffler. Heat shield are also a possibility.

Merlin2021