MODELS SAME AS FRANKIEJR. PROBLEM WITH INTERI

1999 GMC Other

1999 Other GMC Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 97970 miles

I bought this 1999 GMC Suburban used. It has been very good to me for 1 year now. However, recently, I've been hit with this interior light problem that drains the battery. It has a 3rd party anti-theft alarm installed by the dealer when I bought it. From what I can tell, the alarm works off the interior lights, if lights go on without disarming, the alarm goes on. The problem is that the interior lights have developed a mind of their own. They come on and off randomly, no set pattern. Doesn't matter if the vehicle is on or off. I left the truck parked for several days while I was away and apparently the lights came on and the alarm went on until the battery drained. I recharged it and it held okay. Then I disarmed the alarm and same thing happened, a drained battery a few days later. I found that if I use the Dome Light Cutoff switch and keep the interior lights off, then it's okay. Only problem is that I can't use the interior lights or the alarm. I don't care about the alarm, but I would like my interior lights to work properly.
Cooldadrules