MODELS NOISE FROM UNDERNEATH TRUCK

1999 GMC Other

Suspension problem
1999 Other GMC Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 116, 00 miles

I recently purchased a 1999 GMC Suburban. It seems to be in real good shape. Although I did start noticing an occaional klung noise from underneath the truck. It seems to be on the passenger side. It does not do it all the time. I would say it would do it once or twice in a 25-40 minute drive around. The truck shifts real well. It is 4 wheel drive as that is working good too. It does not shift hard when driving or changing to 4 wheel drive. It only makes this noise after I have stopped the truck at light or etc. It is about a 30 second delay. It never does it while driving or turning. Any idea what this could be? Can I trust it to make a 580 mile drive to see my family? I am a 30 year old woman, w/a ten year old son. It seems like I cannot trust many mechanics around this city, because when a woman walks into a mechanic without a man, all they see is an easy sale. Thanks ?
Tturner1