MODELS ELECTRICAL

1996 GMC Other

1996 Other GMC Models 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 100099 miles

Jimmy has had a flicker in the roof console when I use my head lights. I noticed it was warm to the right of the dome wheel when I used my headlights. We thought it was narrowed down to the head light switch, but it just went crazy with the speedometer. It kept going over to 100 miles an hour when I was only going 50 at the most. The battery shape in the left top corner fades in and out, but the gauge says it is chargeing properly. I noticed it will do this if I just wiggle back and forth sitting still. Now I am hearing sensors or bare wire. What do you think it could be?
Linmar

First your battery must be in good shape. Have it tested when it's fully charged. Most auto part stores can do this. Then make sure all your grounds and positive cables are clean. It could be a bare wire or short, but probably just a dirty ground/cable someplace. Make sure your grounds engine to body/body to battery/battery to engine are all clean