MODELS 350 VORTEC ENGINE SHAKING!

1996 GMC Other

1996 Other GMC Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 177054 miles

Engine misses when ideling. Changed wires, sparkplugs, cap and rotor. No luck! ALOT of gasoline fumes " white smoke" coming out of tail pipe. I also changed the fuel filter still no luck! I have good spark, good fuel pressure. The engine is shaking like crazy! Someone PLEASE HELP! What is wrong with my vehicle! Anyone out there please help this is my family's only means of transportation and we can't afford a mechanic! Please help! Thanks Ahead of time.
Pablo1875

Those had big problems with injectors and fuel pressure regulators. For starters have the PCM (computer) scanned for codes, Autozone will do it for free. If the PCM sees a problem it will store a code that will help in diagnosing the problem, get back with the exact codes, this should tell us what cylinder is misfiring.

Jack42
I took my suburban to auto zone and their scanner told them it was trouble code P0300 multiple cylinder miss fire. What does that mean?

Pablo1875
It means you need to get it on a real scanner to watch the cylinder misfires as they occur to determine which cylinder it is, all they have are code readers. Sometimes it will give an exact miss, not a random

Jack42