HORN COMES ON BY ITSELF

GMC Jimmy

2000 Gmc Jimmy. 4.3l.
My horn comes on for no reason. It will beep once or twice then it might beep again and stay on. I can't seem to trace what is making it shoet out or whatever it's doing. If I take out the relay or the fuze for the horn it stops. I've checked all the wires cable and connectors that I can get to. Help!
Ez1969

You might want to swap out the relay with one that has the same part number (should have one right next to it ) and try that, if the horn still blows we may need to look at the switch, strat simple with the relay
let me know

jim

CHEVYII
I swapped relays and it still does it. I don't know if it's related to the horn problem, but my digital odometer blinks on and off too?

Ez1969
Next step would be checking the button under steering wheel, pull all air bag fuses before attempting this the switch may be bad as long as you checked and swapped out the relays

thanks
jim

oh and leave some feedback if you were happy with your help, we all donate our time here helping others free of charge

CHEVYII
Does your car have an alarm system that might be tied into the horn?
If so, that may be the problem.

Bhugg
Now i'm having trouble with the engine. I'm lossing power and it's hesitating real bad when I accelerate. I never replaced anything in to fix the horn problem but it went away. What electrical problem would be related to both of these issues?

Ez1969