FUEL PUMP

2001 GMC Jimmy

2001 GMC Jimmy 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 148000 miles

yes I put a fuel pump in my jimmy about 5 months ago and now when you drive it it does fine. When you shut it off and try to start it again the fuel pump will not come on until it sits for about 5 minutes the relay I changed was not that any help thanks
Ahenson

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_gmc_3.jpg

Did you check relay circuits? When you first turn the key on, no crank, can you hear the pump run?

The pcm sends voltage to the coil side of relay in order to energize, I believe pin 1. If there is no voltage there when trying to start, the relay won't energize.

Did you check fuel pressure, any codes? The diagram on the relay may differ depending on the manufacturer. You should be able to tell the switch side of relay from the coil side.

Yes I switch the circuit for fuel pump with the horn circuit didnt change anything the jimmy starts fine after it sits just when you go some where it wont start back up fuel pressure was good also when you shut it off after you drive in lets say 5 miles then you go to restart it the pump does not kick on when you turn the key if you let it sit for 5 minutes or longer it comes back on a starts right up thankyou

Ahenson