TROUBLE STARTING

2000 GMC Jimmy

2000 GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 112, 00 miles

My 2000 GMC Jimmy is having starting problems and its not the battery. It turns over and wants to start, but it just wont. I was driving to work and it was just fine when it suddenly seemed as if the gas peddle didn't matter. No matter how much I pushed it, the RPM didn't follow suit. When I wen to pull over, it suddenly died on me! Then it wouldn't start. So I poured some gas into the intake and it started but immediately died again. After that it wouldn't start no matter what I did. So I had it towed home and got a ride to work. 10 hours later I come home and I check the battery. Its fine so I figure I can try to start it up. It started but again immediately died. When it did start, a ton of white smoke came out right before it died. I'm completely lost. What is wrong and how can I fix it?
Ncousin

Check the oil dipstick for gas-If any remove the upper plenum and investigate the spider assembly-its leaking