INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET

2000 GMC Jimmy

2000 GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

About a week and a half ago I started leaking antifreeze externally off the engine. I took my Jimmy in and a repair shop replaced my intake manifold gasket. They also changed the oil at the same time.
I go the vehicle back, we put about 60 miles on it and then we heard load knocking from the engine and it quit.
I had it towed back to the same shop and now he said my engine is shot.
He said I needed a new engine. I called another mechanic that did work for me before and had him order another engine. He pulled my old engine and being curious, he pulled the manifold off and found they used a roll lock disc to clean the gasket area.
He said by doing that the old shop would have contaminated the engine with the grit from the roll lock disc. He said that as far as he was concerned the other shop owed me a new engine. He told me they should have only used razer blades and scotch bright.
Is it correct? Should anyone replacing a manifold gasket not use apprasives such as a roll lock disc.
Elslet

Either way it doesnt matter. They messed up and they should take care of this. You should go back to your previous repair shop.

Crzydrvr