OIL PRESSURE LOW WARNING, NO CHECK ENGINE LI

2004 GMC Envoy

2004 GMC Envoy 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

2004 Envoy, 85000, 4 years old. About 45 days ago - running errands at a light, car dies and oil pressure low light comes on. Put car in park, restart, no check engine light, no oil pressure low light? I was close to empty I just thought the car died due to gas - went on. About 1 week ago, car dies at a light again, oil pressure low light comes on, restarts, no warnings or lights. I put 1 QT of oil in just to be safe. Had the oil & filter changed 3 days later, car took 7 QT of oil. Today - lunchtime start car, car idling for 5 min, dies and says low oil pressure, car starts right back, no warnings!

Previous Oil Change was 7000 miles, and 5 months before these issues? Car is not leaking anything - no spots when I park

Car is out of dealer warranty, I have extended warranty, 100.00 deductable to even tell me what is wrong! I dont have the $ to blow 100.00 on something STUPID, and scared they will tell me it is thousands to fix, because I dont have that $ either.

Choices
1. Trade it in? I only have 4 payments left, was just going to keep STUPID gas guzzler because I wouldnt have a car payment, but not worth all the cost if it is breaking!

2. Dealership or no dealership - only extended warranty can be used at dealership - pay the 100.00 bucks just to see what is wrong, then go get est from other shops?

3. Wait to take it in until the check engine light comes on? Why is it dying and the check engine light isnt coming on?
Bretta717