KEEPS OVER HEATING

2002 GMC Envoy

Engine Cooling problem
2002 GMC Envoy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 188000 miles

My car keeps over heating every couple of hours of driving. Each time the radiator is only a third of a gallon of coolant low. There are no leaks that I can find, the coolant doesn't seem to be coming out of the exhaust or the heater core. When it over heats it pushes the coolant into the overflow. Could it be a stuck thermostat?
Ptevendale

A stuck thermostat usually doesnt let you drive for a couple hours, they tend to overheat very quickly. Could be a flow problem in the radiator causing it to get hot while driving. Might want to start by having the cooling system chemical tested for a blown head gasket (exhaust gasses in radiator)if you cant find any leaks but it is overheating even though you dont see it coming outof the exhaust, just to rule this out. If ok, have the cooling system serviced (radiator flow check) and a new t-stat installed

Jack42