BACK UP LIGHT CIRCUIT

2010 GMC Acadia

2010 GMC Acadia 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 750 miles

The back up light wire is not contained in the tail light assembly. Its only in the tailgate. I have a Sonar Step that needs the back-up light feed to activate the back-up alram. I can't tap into it on the tailgate because it opens and closes, and the wires are enclosed in a rubber sleeve. I would really appreciate it if you could give me a location to splice in a power lead so my alarm works when in reverse. Since its a front wheel drive car, the rear area is free of drive shaft and differential. Thank you
Chief26

The wiring passes from the liftgate to the body at the top right center of the opening. There should be a 16 cavity connector there known as x903. It is the light green wire in space 9, that is the backup lamp circuit. I don't know which way it runs from there, but you may be able to trace the harness and find a spot that suits you. Other than one other junction that is shown in the schematic, if your vehicle has a proviosion for towing, that is about all from the body control module on back. The body control module is another option, the terminal is 2 in connector X6, also light green. X6 is shown to be a pink bodied connector, pin 2 is one of the wide blades at the top(release tab side). Here is an illustration of where the BCM is located.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/309872_2358131_1.jpg

Below the Driver Side Instrument Panel

(1) Audio Amplifier (UQA or UQS)
(2) Body Control Module (BCM)
(3) Brake Pedal Position Sensor
(4) Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor
(5) Park Brake Switch

Factoryjack