COMPRESSOR NOT CYCLING

1995 Geo Prizm

Air Conditioning problem
1995 Geo Prizm 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 88000 miles

I replaced compressor, Drier, expansion valve, & #2 relay are there any fuses that work with this a/c? If so where are they located.I checked power to compressor No power. Where does the compressor get it's power from? Thanks for the help
Bluedragracer

Could be the low pressure switch

Check the heater fusible link 40amp and the AC fuse

On many systems, the compressor will not turn on if the refrigerant is low because the " low pressure safety switch" prevents the compressor clutch from engaging if system pressure is low. This protects the compressor from possible damage caused by a lack of lubrication.

One of the first things you should check, therefore, is compressor engagement. If the compressors magnetic clutch is not engaging when the A/C is turned on, the problem may be a blown fuse or a wiring problem. If the fuse is blown, replacing it may restore cooling temporarily. But the underlying reason for the fuse blowing in the first place needs to be identified and corrected to prevent the same thing from happening again.

If the magnetic clutch is receiving voltage but is not engaging the compressor, the clutch is defective and needs to be replaced. If there is any evidence of leakage around the compressor shaft seal, the seal should also be replaced.

If the clutch works but fails to turn the compressor (the belt may squeal in protest!), The compressor has seized and needs to be replaced.

Compressor failures are usually the result of loss of lubrication, which in turn may be due to low refrigerant in the system, a blockage (such as a plugged orifice tube which prevents refrigerant and oil from circulating to the compressor), loss of lubricant due to leaks or improper service procedures (not adding oil to the system to compensate for oil lost through leakage or component replacement), or use of the wrong type of lubricant.

Where are the A/C fuses on the 1995 Geo Prism so I can check. Thanks

Bluedragracer
Check the junction block no.2 on right kick panel

Would that be drivers side or passenger side? &Amp; would it be a pink fuse?

Bluedragracer
Dunno the color or the amperage of the fuse its over the pax side kick panel-sorry no pic available from Mit1