COOLING SYSTEM

1994 Geo Metro

1994 Geo Metro

My 94 Metro has pressure in the cooling system that has blown up a brand new radiator. Where is all the pressure coming from? I have replaced every component (water pump, thermostat, hoses, ) and the radiator shop told me NO WARRANTY on the new radiator I bought 2 MONTHS prior. HELP!
Dezert rat

Excessive pressure may be a result of excessive heat. Was your vehicle cooling properly when the radiator blew? Your first check should be at the electric fan. If your fan is not coming on you will definately see in an increase in pressure which may cause this issue. Also make sure overflow line that goes to the coolant reservior is clear and free of debree. A blockage in this line will increase colling system pressure and may cause damage to the system.

Gfimotorcars
I did find a blockage in the return line to the recovery bottle. Also, I ran the car with the new radiator with the cap off to see if I had proper circulation. All is good with the car now! Thank you!

Dezert rat
Glad we could help!

Gfimotorcars