HELP!! TRYING TO REMOVE THIS EGR VALVE.

Ford Windstar

Hi all. I have a 1994 Grand Marquis, it has 135k miles on it. I just got it about 4 months ago. I started to get an " check engine" light steady after I drive the vehicle for about 5 to 15 minutes. If I turn the vehicle off it resets the light off and it will be back on after 5 to 15 mins of driving again. This only happens if I drive the vehicle, if I leave it running, the light doesn'tcome on. Also my airbag light is flashing a code (51 or 15 not sure). I use an actron code scanner (CP9015) and i'm getting code 332 (insufficient EGR flow detected). A friend of mine told me to replace the EGR valve. The vehicle is also smoking white a bit when you drive it. Once it is running it doesn't smoke anymore.

The question I have is: How can I get the EGR valveout? Because it has a short section of pipe that goes to the exhaust pipe and there is virtually no space to remove it. Any suggestions? I don't know if the airbag light and/or smoking had anything to do with it. Any help will be great. Thanks.
GM94

Before you remove the EGR check if you would the DPFe sensor. Ford has had some past issues with these units. Have it checked first.

Good luck and let us know. : )

Peppermrj
The problem was the EGR ports that run from the intake area to the EGR valve. They were almost completly obstructed by carbon deposits. I cleaned it all and it is perfect now. No codes on the scanner now and no more check engine (so far). Thanks for the help.

GM94
Congrats and thanxs for sharing your fix. : D

Peppermrj