INSTRUMENT CLUSTER REPLACEMENT

1999 Ford Windstar

I recently replace the instrument cluster in my Ford Windstar 1999, but when I try to power on the engine nothing happen, the van is dead, I got power from the battery and I can see the instrument panel lights on, so any idea what could the problem is? Do I need to reset something in my van?
Rasanchez

Yes, the Anti-theft red light is flashing, it flash three times continuously then short pause, three times again.
Could be the alarm? I deactivate that and no luck.

Thanks.

Rasanchez
It's hard to believe that, but the thing is how much the dealer is going to charge you for upload the settings or info from the old cluster to the new one?
How can you by-pass the anti-theft functions to be able to start your car?
I think it should be another and simple way to replace the instrument cluster in a ford windstar 1999.

Rasanchez
From what I can find out, there is information on the old cluster that needs to be downloaded and the upload that information to the new cluster. I think it has something to do with the odometer and the ignition key. The keys are programmed.

Majordad