LOW VIBRATION AT LOW RPMS

2003 Ford Windstar

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2003 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 95900 miles

When my Windstar is in the low RPM range 1200 to 1500 rpm's, especially in second gear and up it has a low humming/vibration. I just bought it used and wonder if this is unusual. When I give it some gas and up the RPM's it goes away. Also it was shifting funny and I had the Trabsmisssion fluid changed. The shifting got better but the vibration has not. I was told maybe the torque converter is going. It also idles roughly sometimes at a stop light, maybe or maybe not connected. Any ideas? Thanks!
Jeffgus2112

Has the check engine light come on? The torque converter would make noise all the time. As far as the hum, does it change based on throttle pressure, turning?

I had 2002 Windstar that did the same thing. Ford told me it was at transmission problem so I said fix it. $2500 later I had a new transmission with the same noise. I changed mounts, the harmonic balancer and the cradle rubbers all to no avail. Still had this vibration around 1400 rpms. I drove the car for 2 more years like that with no problem it was just sort of annoying.
Don't waste your money on a transmission cause that is what they will tell you need one next.
Turn the radio up lol : )

Chollinsworth