FORD WINDSTAR GAS PROBLEM

2002 Ford Windstar

2002 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

I have a 2002 Ford Windstar. It starts fine until you stop to refuel. This has happened twice. It started fine at home stopped at the gas station and would not start after refueling. I was just wondering if there is a quick solution to this problem or what it is.
Soulknot

Do you like to keep topping off the tank after you fill up?

When opening the gas cap do you year any noises? How does the ring on the gas cap look?

Do you have any check engine light? Have the computer scanned anyways and see if a code is hiding somewhere.

Does the gas pump click off alot when filling your tank or no/

underneith check for all pinched off fuel vapor line hoses running all the way up to the charcoal canister. From there check the purge valve.

Blackop555
I don't top off the tank. There was never a check engine light on. I replaced the fuel cap. All the questions asked the answer is no. It will not start at all now. I had to get it towed from a gas station.

Soulknot
Only thing you can really do at this point is to to check for spark on all cylinders. I suggest a spark tester inductive type or plug type. Either way make sure it goes to a good clean ground. Spark should be bright and blue. Let me know what you find with that.

Next step would be to check for fuel pressure at the rail. You can crank and push down on schrader valve on fuel rail under the black cap with a nail and see if fuel comes out but thats inaccurate.

Blackop555