MISFIRING

2001 Ford Windstar

2001 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

I have an 01 Winstar I know and the beginning problem was: my wife was driving home about 2 weeks ago and started up a hill and the van started running rough the farther she drove home it got a little worse and the check engine light (which normally stays on) started blinking. She brought it home and I started checking into it and the blinking means a miss. So, the handy man I think I am knew this could be a vacuum problem and have had to take the uppe intake apart and clean before decided it was time to replace the gaskets all 7 and the isolator bolts. So, I did this and put it all back and it seemed to run a little better at first added fuel treatment thinking it was the gas possibly and this lasted about a day. Well we had to take it off the road not safe for her to drive and didn't want to mess it up any more than I had. Went back in and checked the hoses and replaced plugs and wires and put it all back together and is running worse than before. I took it to a mech. Right up the street and he told me he didnt want to work on it because there is no telling what I had f***ed up in there and it would cost too much to chase. I am at my wits end and need some help and by the way one of the bolts on the back of the plenum broke off and I don't know if this would make it that much worse or not. Hope tightening all the bolts too much wouldn't cause it either. Please someone help.
Sharperobert