IGNITION KEY WON'T TURN

2000 Ford Windstar

2000 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

Key will not turn in any direction I have turned the wheel moved gear shift but it won't budge. There was nothing happening before hand like turning hard or sticking it just won't turn at all. I thought maybe the chip in the key went bad ( I don't know if that is possible) but I went to get one made but figured if if the machine could read it to make me a key it was probably ok & did'nt want to give up 70 bucks for nothing. The manual I have says you have to turn the key to on to get the cylinder out so I can't even check that. Any help would be great even if it's where I should go to get it fixed mechanic or lock smith? Thanks, Tim
Harlow1

Hello and thanks for the donation!

see if any of our tips will help on this problem at http://www.2carpros.com/first_things/why_wont_my_ignition_switch_turn.htm

let me know if you still have trouble after reading over and trying these suggestions.

Bluelightnin6