BRAKE LIGHTS

2000 Ford Windstar

Brakes problem
2000 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 230000 miles

I have replaced the Brake switch, checked all brake light fuses, and all bulbs. I have NO BRAKE LIGHTS. All my other lights work: parking lights, turn signal, back up, but again NO BRAKE LIGHTS. Please help whats the problem
Rshaw45420

Hello rshaw45420

Is your left and right rear turn lamps, license, right and left reversing lamps working?

Mathiaso
Yes all lights are working

Rshaw45420
Hello rshaw45420

First of all, we have to make sure the brake pedal is touching the switch when depressed, if not pull the switch out and reinstall it so it can be automatically adjusted when pedal is applied(.25inch ( 6.35mm))
Next check for battery power to the brake light switch, if there is no battery power, check fuse and check power to the fuse or check for open to the brake light switch, connector between battery junction box and central junction box.
If battery power is present at the switch, depress the brake pedal and check for battery power on the other side of the switch, which feeds battery power to the brake light bulbs.I know the switch is new one and if the brake light still do not operate, check for an open wire either on the battery feed side from the switch or ground side of the wire harness to the brake light bulbs

Mathiaso