EGR VALVE

1999 Ford Windstar

1999 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 151000 miles

i just got the van and seen egr valve was not pluged in so I pluged it backin and van started runing ruff when aceleratied it did not run bad whenit was not pluged in I bought new egr ran good no engien light on for about 15 miles had to unplug egr runing ruff runs graet unpluged put light is still on thankyou for your help god bless you
Joematt5

What is the check engine code that the vehicle is throwing. This will be important to know whats wrong so you can get the cheapest fix.

Blackop555
I put on code scanner and po302 and po401 were the codes

Joematt5
Alright lets worry bout the p0401 code right now. The other code probably came up due to the vehicle running bad with egr hooked up.

I would check the egr exhaust tube and ports in the manifold are clean. Next step wwould be to check the evp or the pfe sensor computer may not be seing enough flow due to bad sensor and pulling egr even more open causing rough running

Blackop555