SERPENTINE BELT

1997 Ford Windstar

1997 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

How do you replace a serpentine belt in a 1997 Ford Windstar. I would appreciate a picture of the routing diagram as well as the proper belt length because I believe the last belt was improperly installed and was the wrong length. (The book calls for 103.25 inches and the belt that was already broken when I got the vehicle is 94.25 inches. I also need to know the proper way to install the new belt using the tension pulley. Thank you for your time.
TheBigBadWolve1

When looking at your book what engine size are you looking at?

I need to know what the engine size is in Liters, is it a 3.0 or 3.8 and does it have A/C.

.

Obxautomedic
The tensioner is automatic you will need I believe a 15mm wrench or check with your local rental store and see if they have a belt tensioner tool.

Anyway you will put the wrench on the bolt in center of tenstioner pulley. Tensioner will move away from the belt. You will need to hold it since it is automatic and it will spring back.

.

Obxautomedic